- Is the Software developed as per company hardware requirements?
- Software developed in accordance to company software requirements?
- Coding standards followed based on company coding standards?
Comment in Code
- Will all classes, functions, procedures be documented ?
- Will comments be used to describe intentions, algorithmic overviews, and/or logical flows?
- What code documentation and end user documentation is provided ?
- Data Model ?
- Class overview ?
- Architecture overview ?
Training / Handover
- Is there a proper procedure for handover and time allotted for training?
- Is the proposed development cost acceptable?
- Is the proposed delivery time acceptable?
Support Cost (e.g. training, end user support if required, technical support)
- Is there any support cost involved?
- Is there a warranty period suggested?
Maintenance Cost (i.e. bug fixes)
- Is there any maintenance cost involved?
- Is there any warranty period suggested?
Terms of Payment
- Are the Terms of payment proposed agreed by the sponsor?
Penalty / Incentive
- Is there any penalty proposed if the milestones are not achieved on time?
- Is there any incentive available to achieve before time?
- Is the company claiming any ownership on the software developed?
- Are the any licensing fees involved?
- Do they intend to use this product for any future development for their clients?
The list goes on, I do not intend to blog every criteria but the list above could be a good start, do not hesitate to contact me with your feedback.