As a ScrumMaster make sure that the venue where Scrum meeting are held is consistent, changing venue can cause unnecessary delay, also do not change the time of daily Scrum, no matter what happens around in the company, daily scrum should happen at the same place, same time (it is ScrumMaster's job to ensure that everyone attends the daily scrum).
Ensure each scrum member answers the following questions in the daily scrum
- What did they work on since last scrum meeting?
- What are they planning to work until next scrum meeting?
- Are there any issues they would like to highlight?
To be a successful ScrumMaster please ensure the following
- Resolve conflict between team members as soon as possible.
- Ensure everyone is heard and has opportunity to respond.
- Ensure people do not get too much in to the details.
- Daily scrum is to report progress and raise problem (not to solve them in the meeting).
- If the sponsor is attending the meeting they are only listening (they are not allowed to talk).
- The only people allowed to talk are the one who are working in the sprint.
- Normal meeting etiquette is observed.
Some of things you should watch out and address during daily scrum
- Team member are providing status to the ScrumMaster rather than team.
- Team member don’t look motivated.